Thursday, October 2, 2014

Blogging with Baby

Life at home with our little pumpkin isn't too much different but my hands are never empty.
I couldn't be happier that our little Harper was a Fall baby since it is mine and Adam's favorite season.
The first two weeks were tough with a new baby and all of the crazy hormones but we've mostly figured things out at just over 3 weeks and I have to say...the amount of love that fills our home is infinite. 
I mean, everyone says they love the father of their baby more after birth but this abundance of love I feel even more for Adam is unreal. 
I really am the luckiest woman in the world. 

Most days, Adam goes to work around 8 or 9am and Harper and I try to catch up on our sleep since she wakes up every 2-3 hours at night. That's if she's not wanting to cluster feed - which is often. And in that case, she wakes up about every 10 minutes it feels like. On top of that, because Harper is such a gassy baby which means she seems to be in pain pretty often, I'm attempting to cut out caffeine (along with chocolate and a little dairy) from my diet. That means no sleep and no morning or nighttime coffee.

Lately, I've been finding a way to sip on a cup of tea in the morning and am always hopeful that I get in some me time or strap Harper to my chest with a baby carrier so that I can get a few things done around the house. Even if that means just a shower.

So blogging with a baby hasn't turned out to be all that easy considering I'm lucky to get that shower in most days, however, during the quiet nights where I've had a nap during the day and don't feel like an old lady come 7pm, I pour myself some wine and bring my laptop to bed.

It really is the best time of the year to get in touch with creativity. I can't get over how much I love fall and the chilly weather!

Here are just a few pictures from the past week or so:
Wine & Night time blogging in bed with our sweet girl <3
 
Endless Cuddles




No comments: