Saturday, March 7, 2015

Beautiful Chaos

Everybody's got something to say. Whether it's about you, your baby, your lifestyle, where you live, your husband, or whatever, somebody else feels the need to weigh in on it.

And that's okay.

Before I was married and way before I even thought about having a baby, that would have really affected me and the way I did things. I would have felt the need to walk on eggshells to please everybody else, meanwhile shoving my own needs and desires aside. 

But now, I've discovered my own "bubble." My life is my own and it involves myself, my husband, and our daughter. 

Obviously, I dedicate my whole heart to my little family, but my heart also holds our family and friends very high as well. I just know now who to take care of first. 
We don't need to adjust our lifestyles based on other people's opinions because not everybody knows everything that goes on everyday of our lives or how we actually raise our babies or how we take care of our families, etc. they don't live with us, they just make assumptions. It happens. Some of the rumors I hear about myself and others within our community of friends and loved ones are something I've learned to take lightly. People just want to talk.

The key is that you can't let it affect you and the way you do things...unless you agree with the things you hear and you aren't living your life to its full potential. Only then do you listen to the inner voice and make adjustments for your own well being. Nobody is perfect. 



So. If I post a glass of wine in hand on social media at 8pm, mind ya business. I'm not getting drunk while taking care of my daughter...And if my 6 month old daughter is naked in her bathtub, I'm not posting it for everyone to focus on the fact that she is naked....in a bathtub...I mean she's a baby. stop. (this was an annoying comment made to us that we shouldn't be posting naked baby photos).



My life is chaotic and it's by no means perfect or in order. I have certain things down, like the art of mommy friends and what to expect when my mini me hits each new milestone. But plenty of aspects are all over the place!

And I like it that way. 

No comments: