Friday, July 18, 2014

33 Weeks

How far along: 33 Weeks

How big is baby: Harper is the size of a durian...which I found out is a really strong smelling fruit from Southeast Asia. In comparison to size, it means Harper measures 12 inches "crown to rump" and up to 19.5 inches head to heels. She weighs around 4.5 lbs and gaining around 1/2 an ounce a day!




Weight gain: Somewhere around 153 lbs. I started at 125 lbs so I'm still within the average range of weight gain (25-35 lbs).

Maternity clothes: I can still fit into some jeans that I have and some that Julie gave me so I wore those a couple nights ago with a belly band and I'm still insisting on mainly wearing dresses/skirts.

Ella & I went to the butterfly pavilion this week where a butterfly fell in love with baby Harper and wouldn't leave my belly...
 
Best moment of the week: Adam and I had done the 3D/4D ultrasound session at First View Ultrasound in Westminster when Harper was around 17 or 18 weeks and we wanted to do it again towards the end of pregnancy so I called them yesterday and tried to set something up for August 10th when I'll be 36 weeks only to find out that is way too late to get good pictures of baby since she'll be so big by then so luckily I'm just past week 32 which is typically the last week they take good pictures. The technicians there said that the best time to come in is between 28 - 32 weeks, so we scheduled the appointment last minute for the same day I called and went in at 32 weeks 5 days but still got great pictures of her! I'm so glad I called because if I had waited instead of attempting to plan in advance then we would have missed out!

She definitely has Adam's nose! Maybe my eyes. She kept sticking out her tongue and was very active during the session. It was so magical seeing her and knowing that we get to meet her in just 7 or so weeks! She already has chubby little cheeks and the technician said that she looks like she may be a bigger baby than average already, uh oh.

 Harper gave us the peace sign...

 We asked the ultrasound tech if she had any hair since I've been experiencing mild to severe heartburn lately, and he said that the white spikes all over where the arrow is pointing is her head of hair and that it looks like she has a full head! Adam and I were both born with a lot of hair too :)

 She was constantly putting her hands in her face so the tech had to shake my belly or make sounds on it with a rubber glove to get her to react and move them away from her face for pictures.

 Sleepy eyes

 Yawning

 I am starting to think this baby never sleeps because she is so active and had her eyes open the majority of the ultrasound session which was about 20-30 minutes long

 Adam really wanted a side profile picture of her so this is one of the ones that the tech got along with whatever you can see on the video below..

 Little arms
She licked her arm hahaha :)





This week, Harper's crib arrived and so did some adorable gifts from my best friend, Tess! 
The day the crib was delivered, Adam set it up right away and really quickly too, he is such a manly man! He dressed her bed and put the cover on the changing pad and he also put together her organizer for her closet. We are almost there!!
Here is what her nursery looks like so far, I'm currently working on it with decorations and adding other big things like the nursing chair, etc. but at least we got the crib/changing table and little dresser up! To the right of her crib is a corner where the chair and a little end table will go and I bought a hanging chandelier that will go just above it. I'll keep adding pictures as we update it! 

Food Cravings: Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Jelly Jam Session ice cream! This stuff is soo good! 


Symptoms: Same stuff going on, I sometimes have calf cramps in the middle of the night too. I also had my 32 week checkup on Monday where the doctor gave me the Tdap shot to vaccinate me and baby against whooping cough and tetanus. My right arm is still somewhat sore and recovering! I'm also nesting like crazy, getting spurts of energy either late at night while we have been working in her nursery or at the most random times. It would be nice to have more of that energy though.

Belly Button: stretched outtie

Swelling: Ring on! No swelling :)

Happy or Moody: Happy, exhausted though. Today I slept in until 8 (yes, that's sleeping in for me) and then after eating breakfast and doing some little stuff around the house I went back to bed for a nap at noon and woke up around 2:30 but I feel like I could have slept the whole rest of the day.

Movement: Heels in my right ribcage, and she moves her butt a lot which is right above my belly button. She is head down now facing my right side with her back to my left side right in the middle of my belly.

What I'm looking forward to: Her arrival!!! Also, getting the rest of her stuff in for her room.

What I miss: Nothing.

Next Appointment: August 11th for 36 week checkup.

No comments: