Sunday, July 27, 2014

34 Weeks

How far along: 34 Weeks

How big is baby: She is the size of a butternut squash this week! 



Weight gain: I'm somewhere around 153 lbs now, I'm still around the average weight gain of 25-35 lbs.





Maternity clothes: I dug into my stored-away fall/winter clothes today and pulled out my leather looking leggins that just barely fit. I'm having to look for longer shirts and tank tops this week now that she's dropped lower down, my belly sticks out of everything else! And trust me, no preggo wants to look like she's going to a white trash bash with that belly look going on. 

Best moment of the week: Julie came over and we painted a design on one of the walls of Harper's nursery! It's so cute. We have some touching up to do but here's a preview of it so far: 



It will go perfectly with the little hanging chandelier that we just got in for the corner of her room since the design looks like mini chandeliers. We used white, silver and metallic gold paints for it so when the sun or light hits it, it's so pretty. 

We also chose and bought the furniture for our front room finaaaally! So that's all put together and that room is starting to look like a normal living area now, it just needs a lamp, an area rug and some picture frames. The cubby on the right in the picture is for all of Harper's toys and things so that the room is like an under-cover play room :)



To top off the week, Adam and I went to his friend Derek's house for a bonfire and s'mores Friday night. It was the perfect ending to the week and start to the weekend. 

 
Food Cravings: S'mores ice cream! And Costco poppyseed muffins warmed up with butter. So unhealthy, I know.


Symptoms: I'm starting to lose sleep over the checklist sydrome...I constantly have things running through my mind that we need to get done before baby makes her debut. Today I have some aching in my lower right belly that feels like I was running a marathon all night/morning so hopefully that goes away since it's really limiting me this morning...I have calf cramps, exhaustion, bursts of energy that apparently comes with the nesting instinct of wanting to get everything spotless and in order.

Belly Button: stretched outtie, it definitely changes when she moves and shifts positions.

Swelling: Ring on! No swelling but I'm going to be cautious and take it off once I hit 36 weeks - in TWO weeks.

Happy or Moody: Happy, anxious, excited, a little nervous. 

Movement: The doctors are right about movement, it slows down a lot around this time since she is running out of room so I don't get to feel her as often but she still really moves as much as she can.

What I'm looking forward to: Her arrival!! Officially 6 weeks to go.

What I miss: Nothing.

Next Appointment: August 11th for 36 week checkup.

Other news: I have a new found love for reading and the library! I went a little crazy and checked out almost every pregnancy and Baby's first year books I could get my hands on, I also checked out a book for Adam that is dedicated to all the "freaked out new dads." His book was written by a comedian from a man's point of view and Adam seems to really like it so far.
I also finished Baby Laughs by Jenny McCarthy in 2 nights. She is toooo funny. I love her books!

No comments: