Tuesday, August 5, 2014

35 Weeks

How far along: 35 Weeks

How big is baby: according to these baby apps she is the size of a coconut and also the size of a large cantelope 



Weight gain: I don't even want to know...we never unpacked our scale when we moved into this house before when I was just barely pregnant and to confess, it's been by choice that it hasn't come out still. 

Maternity clothes: Let's just count Adam's clothes as my go-to maternity wear from here on out.

Hence the basketball shorts in this picture. I'm so classy. Exhaustion really does a number on my getting ready routine, like diminishes it actually.
You can probably tell when you put pictures from the last couple weeks next to this picture that she has dropped down lower, which means she is getting ready to come out! I can't remember if I already wrote about her positioning or not from the ultrasound at 32 weeks but she is already head down and staying that way until her birthday.

Best moment of the week: Adam and I went on some cute dates together and we also bought a new patio set for our backyard so now we can enjoy our meals/wine/coffee/tea together outside with our little mountain view and the sunsets. He is such a good husband I don't know how I got so lucky, he's constantly uplifting me and telling me how beautiful I look and how much he loves me just because. He especially manages to catch me on those off days when I'm not feeling all that pretty or refreshed. Adam is definitely perfect.




Food Cravings: ice cream, sweets, and fruits and veggies. 



Symptoms: some major calf cramps at night, crazy back ache and to add to that I now have really achey feet too like they are wanting to give out from the weight gain. My stretch marks are about the same as when I first got them and you can actually see them in the picture above. Adam thinks they will disappear really soon after she's born. 

I'm also having frequent braxton hicks but half the time I don't really notice them because I've gotten so used to them. I read somewhere that you should call your doctor if you have more than four in an hour so last night Adam and I timed them; they were 3-5 minutes apart but without any pain or other symptoms so we called the nurse hotline just to be sure. They said that I'm fine and to drink more water and walk around to relieve them.

Belly Button: outie

Swelling: I think I've somewhat started to swell on and off in my feet. Just to be safe I took my ring off and I feel so naked without it :( I might put it on a jewelry chain and wear it as a necklace until I can actually put it back on.

Happy or Moody: Happy, anxious, excited, a little nervous. 

Movement: Harper's little feet or knees glide all around my ribs and right side. She loves moving around breakfast time and again like crazy at night, usually around 8-10 when Adam and I are unwinding from our days.

What I'm looking forward to: meeting our mini-me! We are pretty much all ready just minor details to finish! 

This week I had an amazing photographer take some maternity pictures of me and my belly so I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome. The first picture of me above is just a little sneak peek from the shoot that we did at her father-in-law's gorgeous 14,000 square foot home in Boulder. I'm a little bummed that I haven't had a real maternity session with Adam so I'm hoping he and I can try to get a bunch of pictures of us together before she gets here! 

What I miss: Nothing.

Next Appointment: August 11th for 36 week checkup.

Here are just a few pictures I fell back in love with this week:




No comments: