Sunday, August 24, 2014

38 Weeks

38 Weeks

How far along: 38 Weeks

How big is baby: The size of a pumpkin! Just in time for Fall!! I am soo beyond excited for Fall and pumpkin spice lattes and all the fall scented candles me and Adam stocked up on. 






Weight gain: 161 so I gained 2lbs since my 36 week checkup which I think is right on track, 1 lb a week.

Maternity clothes: Still raiding Adam's closet and keeping an eye out for loose v-necks and comfy tees that I'll be able to wear even after pregnancy :)

Best moment of the week: I went antiquing today to try to find some type of small end table or something to go next to the rocking chair in Harper's nursery and absolutely loved seeing all of the things in the stores I went to! I would love to take all those treasures home but I don't know where I'd put them! Look how cool this 1961 German stroller is that I sent a picture of to Adam: 


Also...not necessarily the best but the most bittersweet moment of this week was that Adam sold his Audi s4 that he practically built and made his own buuut he bought himself a new project car - a 1988 BMW e30 which he has already transformed the hood of into a chalkboard! 


Food Cravings: Strawberries and Nutella! Literally every single night. I also needed some type if comfort food the other night so I made Tomato Tortellini soup from scratch the other night and now have a new favorite meal. 



Symptoms: pregnancy brain. Oh.my.godddd. And tremendous back pain. Not to mention after my 38 week appointment on Friday having to get a cervical exam (my second one) I had bleeding and cramping - the doctor said that's normal though. I was hoping it would kick start labor...wishful thinking. On a more positive note, I have been having those crazy vivid dreams everyone talks about! Adam is enjoying hearing all about them.

Belly Button: outie

Swelling: no ring still but the swelling isn't obvious or noticeable! 

Happy or Moody: all of the above 

Movement: less movement but she still makes sure to let me (and Adam) know that she's doing just fine in there even with running out of room.

What I'm looking forward to: the next 3 weeks hopefully flying by.

What I miss: Being comfortable 24/7 and able to maneuver more. 

Next Appointment: Actually, we made an impromptu appointment for tomorrow (Monday) morning to get the complete low down from a doctor's point of view on induction and c-sections since my nurse practitioner just mentioned at my last appointment that there's a possibly I'll have to be induced based on family history with my mom's first born (brother Mitch) being a week (or more?) later than her due date...stay tuned for the details in what we choose to do after talking with out doctor! That is, depending on whether Harper makes her debut on time or not.

Here's a belly picture from earlier this week. 

Pool day with my favorite 2 year old ❤️
She's hilarious.




No comments: