Saturday, August 30, 2014

39 Weeks

39 Weeks

How far along: 39 Weeks

How big is baby: The size of a watermelon! My favorite.







Weight gain: I weighed 161.3 or something at my 38 week appointment last Friday.

Maternity clothes: My birthday was this Friday (August 29th) and literally all I could get to fit me to go to dinner were a pair of Adam's giant sweatpants - my own sweatpants don't even fit me - and a tank top that barely covered my belly so I wore a belly band under it. I feel like Regina George...



Best moment of the week: I had a great birthday with all the people I love! I went to lunch with my Mom and Granny on Thursday as a pre-birthday thing then lunch on my birthday with Mary Anne & Ella and they got me some essential oils that help with labor & delivery and afterwards for baby etc. And we topped that off with a delicious strawberry margarita (virgin). I went home and got to just relax then Adam had set up a family dinner at 4 Noses (I chose the place because I wanted to be able to bring our dogs). But that didn't work out with how crowded it was there, I ended up getting so stressed out for whatever possibly high maintenance reason and my hormones kicked in and got me to tear up so I had to step outside with Adam so I could calm the hormones down, so embarrassing. But I guess that's what happens when you're this close to due date! With everything combined - the tight space, the dogs being a little unmanageable, the sun constantly in my eyes, being so ridiculously uncomfortable, the fact that the only food there was a pizza truck when I was definitely expecting comfort food, or that since it's a brewery they only serve beer so I couldn't get a my one glass of red wine - I just quietly lost it :/ ha. So we ended up moving the party to Lucky Pie in Louisville which was the original plan and that worked out so much better! It was a perfect dinner and a perfect night. Adam even surprised me with all I wanted for my birthday - an ice cream cake :) He is the sweetest husband ever.


Food Cravings: Fruit!  I also randomly bought cake batter ice cream and coffee frozen yogurt this week which are things I never usually crave. Of course Adam got me all the fruit I could ask for this week :) And flowers!


Symptoms: Same old same old, throw in some extra crazy hormones. 

Belly Button: outtie

Swelling: My fingers are starting to look noticeably swollen - you can see where the blood is causing them to swell leaving my knuckles all white. Definitely still not wearing my wedding ring. :(

Happy or Moody: all of the above 

Movement: Some little kicks here and there and sometimes I swear it feels like she is digging really down low but her feet will be in my ribs.

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Harper!!! Then taking her to South Dakota for a mini vacation with Adam's family.

What I miss: Being comfortable 24/7 and able to maneuver more. My pelvis hurts so bad.

Next Appointment: My 40 week appointment is scheduled for September 8th but hopefully Harper is already here by then! We talked to the Dr. this past Monday and she gave us pretty much everything we needed to know about induction vs c-section. She highly recommended that was stay away from c-section unless this was going to be our only baby because of the complications it could possibly cause. I read that when you are given pitocin - the drug that is used to induce you and cause contractions - that you can ask for an epidural beforehand. Soo, if Harper is late, they would induce me at 41 weeks, no sooner unless I convince them I'm too uncomfortable to wait until 41. September 13th would be 41 weeks and that's 1 day before our wedding anniversary so I'm really hoping to avoid that.

This week we also had to exchange our cute stroller with the bassinet attachment because some of the pieces were breaking and we haven't even used it yet so that was pretty sad. We ended up buying the stroller that matches the new carseat and some stroller accessories to go with it. It will be much easier to travel with for tournaments too. 


No comments: