Thursday, November 20, 2014

Random Happenings During Pregnancy & After

1. Adam and I watched so many TV series that we lived on our couch. One of them was Switched at Birth which freaked me out so bad about having Harper that I told Adam to paint her toenail when she came out to avoid her being switched....we didn't need to because she never left my side.

2. I magically forgot how to drive after her arrival. I've never been so terrified/hesitant to switch lanes before, let alone leave the furthest right lane. (We live off of the highway so it's unavoidable to drive on it daily).

3. The first few weeks of hormones bring "what if" scenario anxiety and it's ridiculous. I had to put myself in check just thinking about Adam and Harper getting into a car. No postpartum depression here.

4. During my third trimester I craved sweets like never before. I blamed it on Adams sweet tooth and ate ice cream daily.

5. I gained a total of 40 something lbs. 

6. Within 3 weeks of having Harper I was already down 20 lbs. I mean she was 8 lbs alone...

7. Breastfeeding was my biggest hurdle, like most moms. Everyone tells you that you'll cry in the first 2 weeks and that it could be over nothing and it's completely normal. Breastfeeding was the only thing I cried over during those first 2 weeks.

8. The nipple shield saved my breastfeeding life ha! For a while there I had gotten her off the shield in the middle of a nursing strike but then she boycotted breastfeeding even harder and that's when we discovered she had tongue tie.

9. Harper got the underneath part of her tongue clipped at 6 weeks and 2 days old and she handled it like a pro. They didn't numb her like I expected because babies don't have nerve endings there yet and it barely even bled. She's back to nursing again now - with the shield but I'll take it over exclusively pumping or formula feeding. For now.

10. I got my comfort fix during pregnancy and after from any and all Sex and the City shows/movies.

11. For about a week after Harper was born I would catch myself mindlessly feeling my belly for little kicks.

12


No comments: