Thursday, February 27, 2014

12 Weeks



How far along: 12 weeks 

How big is baby: The size of a large plum!




Weight gain: 3 lbs, I'm at 128 lbs.

Maternity clothes: Yes, and leggings. I can't wait until it gets warmer so I can wear dresses 24/7 :)

Sleep: Getting better, the middle of the night waking up is becoming so routine that I practically sleep walk.

Best moment of the week: We got to hear baby's heartbeat! During our appointment the doctor said sometimes it's really hard to hear the heartbeat and to not be upset if we weren't able to hear it since it's early on but when she put the doppler below my belly button she didn't even have to move it around and there is was! A healthy 160 bpm. I can't wait for him/her to grow more!

Not so great moments of the week: The house we bid on didn't take our offer so we are house shopping again which we are totally fine with. We're prepared to put down at least 3 offers before we get "the one." I'm still considering building a house in Dacono because I'm so obsessed with them!


**I found out I'm part of 15% of pregnant women that have a negative blood type, A-negative. This translates to me being Rh-negative which means that if our baby has a positive blood type and mine and his/her blood were to mix, my body could produce antibodies causing my body to basically react to the baby as if I were allergic to him/her. "The antibodies that my body produces could cross the placenta and attack the baby's blood which breaks down the baby's blood cells and induces anemia. This could cause serious illness, brain damage, or even death to the baby." This was pretty scary to hear so knowing me, of course I've been doing crazy amounts of research on it. My doctor reassured me that at 28 weeks pregnant, I will be getting an Rh-immunoglobulin (RhoGAM) shot which will prevent anything from happening. My doctor also told me this does not make me a high risk pregnancy and that there should be nothing to worry about. Here are some links to more info: http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/rhfactor-2.html

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/rh_negative.shtml


Food cravings: Fruit, fruit, & fruit. And Mexican food.




Food aversions: This is easing up somewhat but I still have nausea here and there so there are definitely things I avoid.

Symptoms: Headaches every day, nausea, exhaustion, back aches and pains.

Belly Button: Innie

Wedding Ring on or off: On, no swelling yet!

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm extremely happy the majority of the time and so excited to be pregnant! I'm a little worried about the Rh-factor problem but once I finally find out from Adam's doctor what blood type he is (hoping for negative) then hopefully I'll feel better.

Movement: Not that I can feel yet!

Gender: We'll get to find out in 8 weeks. (At 20 Weeks)

What I’m looking forward to: Making sure everything is healthy with me and baby.

What I miss: Not having anxiety, my anxiety levels get a higher for the smallest things! We could be watching a movie and I have to take a deep breath just to keep my anxiety levels down it's crazy. I also heard that's normal though too.

Next appt: March 24, 2014