Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 9

How far along: 9 weeks 1 day

How big is baby: Our baby is the size of a green olive!



Weight gain: I gained back the 2 lbs that I had lost putting me at 125.5 lb.

Maternity clothes: I'm ready to start buying something like maternity clothes already. My jeans hardly fit my waist now and I'm running out of leggings & yoga pants to last all week long.

Sleep: I'm waking up once in the night, going to bed a lot earlier than I was used to and waking up early due to hunger. I'm still sleeping on my side - mostly left side because it's the most comfortable - and sometimes on my stomach. During the day, all I want to do is sleep.

Best moment of the week: We got to see our baby today! This was the absolute best feeling in the world. I literally wanted to cry. His/her heart is beating strong and we saw that during the ultrasound too. Baby also waved to us before going back to sucking their thumb while he/she is currently upside down in there. I am absolutely head over heels in love with this amazing gift of life.

Here's a picture of our ultrasound. Every time the nurse practitioner moved the camera, the baby wiggled and moved and it was literally the happiest thing I've ever seen. 
I tried labeling the picture so you can really see where baby is. Baby's legs and feet are tucked up by the belly so that's the bottom of the little bean. You can kind of see the feet as little dark circles on the bottom of the belly. And the arms are over his/her chest.

Food cravings: Fruits & V8 juice. That was just today though. It changes by the hour. I've also been able to eat most meals as long as it doesn't smell too strong. I've noticed that whenever I start to feel nauseous, the best thing to do is eat a snack. My momma said she was the same way with all 4 of her pregnancies.

Food Aversions: Gets worse and worse! Anything sweet smelling drives me crazy! Or sour, like food gone bad.

Symptoms: Nausea, constantly hungry, headaches, sore back, acne, and always so sleepy.

Belly Button: Innie

Movement: Well we saw baby wiggling and moving and dancing in there today but I can't feel any of that yet!

Gender: Unknown but we will find out in 10 weeks or so!

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing and feeling more of our baby!!

What I miss: Mostly nothing, but if there is one thing it's my health! I feel pretty healthy compared to what I've heard many women go through but still, I'm not 100% normal feeling which can be a bummer most days. I could easily curl up with a blanket and fall asleep just about anywhere, anytime of the day.

Next Appointment: February 24th