Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Gift From God

Ever since I was little, I'd never been the kind of person who knew what to say to people when they asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. The question always lingered but was never answered until I put my puzzle together over the last couple of years while finding out who I am. I never knew what I was going to school for or what I was going to do with a degree.

The best thing I knew and promised myself (and my pop) growing up was that I was going to establish some independence no matter what job I took on.

Yes, I know, I got married at 23 years old, but that doesn't mean I didn't keep my promise to myself. Even after we got married, Adam and I didn't join bank accounts nor did I rely on him to pay my bills. Actually, we literally just opened a joint account this past week that we've decided contributes to grocery shopping or whatever else we need/Adam wants to spoil me with. ;) Meanwhile, I continue to refuse to let him pay for my car or my health insurance because it's my piece of independence and that means a lot to me. 

However, as far as working or what my purpose in life or gift from God is, there is one big truth to it. And this is something that lit up my whole soul once I realized that it's what I've always, no matter what, wanted to be. It is my gift, talent, and purpose that God has given me. 

A Mama.

I was fearfully and wonderfully made....to be a mama. And it is so obvious. Now, this may come off as bragging, and while it is, I don't mean to sound conceited or over the top. If you were to research a depiction of the most fertile body type or shape etc., you would practically be given a picture of me. The same goes with my morale and patience when it comes to children and raising them. Back to body: I was informed that women with a bigger bust yet smaller frame and narrow waist are the most fertile and on top of that, I was given some definite baby-bearin' hips.


I am beyond thrilled to have a baby girl in my arms in just 3 1/2 months that Adam and I created together! I count my blessings everyday for this gift and dream that has come true.