Monday, June 9, 2014

27 Weeks




How far along: 27 weeks

How big is baby: She's the size of a rutabaga or English cucumber




Harper is now able to use her lungs while in there and practices using them by sucking in amniotic fluid. Her brain is no longer smooth and is becoming more and more complex each day.

Weight gain: Stay tuned!

Maternity clothes: Mama Julie recently decided to clean out her closet and get rid of tons of clothes so now I have a handful of new outfits and longer shirts to get over my big belly.

Sleep: I literally cannot sleep without my pillows now. I also find myself trying to sleep on my back a lot which the nurses say isn't good because it puts pressure on the Vena Cava. That's the artery that carries oxygen down my back and to baby so with her growing, laying on my back could put too much pressure on it which isn't good for either of us. I never feel like there's too much pressure on it when I'm on my back but I'm sure as she grows more I won't be able to sleep on my back at all.

Best moment of the week: I finally finished painting the nursery! It's "Early Morning Sun" yellow with white trim. She has a walk-in closet that has all her adorable little clothes and blankets and things in it.

We also finished DIY'ing Harper's changing table! Now we just need to get the changing pad and stock the drawers and doors full of diapers and wipes.

 


Food cravings: 
  • Hot Dogs in Mac n Cheese
  • Watermelon
  •  Cold, icy drinks
  • Starbucks
  • Soups on these rainy, early June days
  • Cookies & Cream Ice Cream with hot fudge, whipped cream, raspberries, and sprinkles

Food aversions: First trimester really did a number on me. I don't really have strong aversions to food anymore based on my sense of smell like I used to but there are definitely foods I used to like that I can't even think about now. I am getting back to liking coffee since I couldn't stand the thought of it during first trimester, however, I only like it iced or in frappuccino version - never hot. I can't stand any type of fruity salsas. *gag*

Symptoms: I realized I haven't been very detailed in my posts and wanted to shed more light on everything that's gone on the last 6+ months. 
- I'm starting to get crazy forgetfulness, or "pregnancy brain" to the point where I'm starting to have to write down a list of the things I want to do within the next hour just so I can remember what I had in mind an hour ago. 
- Backache. 
-Blotchy face ugh.  
- I also am really starting to notice my face, arms, & legs filling out which I am so not looking forward to getting bigger. I really should be exercising but I don't have the motivation :/
- Braxton Hicks, already. I have been using the nurse's hotline pretty often too. They told me I'm not drinking enough water when I thought I definitely was. At first I just thought it was baby moving around and pushing herself outwards really hard because that's what it felt like, like a hard ball or area on my belly. I researched it and figured it's most likely Braxton Hicks (common, small, and painless contractions that prepare your body ahead of time for labor). They feel like a tightening and last only for a minute but they aren't frequent or on a schedule and the more water I drink, the less I get them.
Belly Button: Outtie

Wedding Ring on or off: On, no swelling there or in my feet.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I have been noticing some mood swings though. I mostly want to be alone or with Adam. Then I'll get stir crazy being at my house so much and want to do something but once I'm out, I just want to go home. Constant struggle.


Movement: Harper is such an active baby! I felt her up towards my bottom rib on my right side yesterday. She seems like she likes to spread out diagonally across my belly. I haven't felt hiccups yet but I feel her spasms and twitches which are funny.


What I’m looking forward to: My dad's wedding this weekend! Then next weekend Adam & I get to have our Babymoon!! We are going up to my family's cabin in Conifer for the weekend and getting some relaxation time together. So far this summer every weekend has been go go go and it'll be so nice to just rest and enjoy the outdoors. Hopefully we can find a creek or a lake up there and go fishing together! I would love to create some kind of tradition for Adam and I to get into that has nothing to do with sitting at home or being inside.

What I miss: I have been so in tune with my own body and am loving not drinking or waking up feeling hungover ever. Instead of missing drinking wine, I actually look forward to having so much more of a balance once she's born.

Next appt: June 16th