Monday, June 16, 2014

Something Blue

I never wrote about my something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue from our wedding day. I had all four of these sentimental items and each one was uniquely special and significant.

Something old: 
Adam's Gramma Sue gave us a family brooch pin that has been in her family for at least a century. We discovered it has been passed down from the 1800's. 
I so treasured this and pinned it to the back of my wedding gown for everybody to see.
It is a large, silver, very detailed hanging brooch. 
It completely pieced my dress together, absolutely breath taking.


Something new:
 I have an addiction to Sex and the City the TV series & movies. 
I've seen every episode a hundred times and know every line. 
And I still turn to it for a comfort show.
Carrie Bradshaw wears a pair of deep blue Manolo Blahniks when she marries Big.
This inspired me to wear a pop of color with my dress too; so I searched high and low (at first) for a knock off of her blue manolos and then decided I wanted to wear yellow shoes since that was more me. I bought the perfect pointed-toe yellow heels and stuck some letter "G" pins on them to spice them up.


Something borrowed:
Even as the big day approached, I had never made plans to wear any type of jewelry.
I guess I wanted to keep it simple.
Especially with my dress being so detailed and attention-grabbing. 
While I was getting my dress and shoes on, my grandma (Dad's mom) came into the room and said she had brought a diamond necklace with either a gold chain string or a silver chain string that she thought I should wear.
Things like that really touch my heart. 
I chose the silver and had her put it on me.
Dream come true.
Once I had the necklace on, I already felt like a princess.
But there's nothing like completely topping it off with some earrings! 
Julie brought a pair of some gorgeous earrings that I added to my bridal look and couldn't have felt more on top of the world after that.
I am beyond lucky and blessed to have such amazing, inspiring, and loving women in my life.


Something blue: 
For this one, I got the idea from pinterest.
It was meant to be right off the bat.
My dad is my best friend and I'm 100% a Daddy's girl.
Probably months before my wedding day, I mentioned to my dad that I wanted a piece of one of his blue shirts for my "something blue."
Being so distracted on the wedding day I didn't even think about it.
Right after our first look pictures were taken, pre-ceremony, my dad came out to the grass with a little clipped piece of his blue denim shirt. One of his favorite ones!
It melted my heart more than I can express.
I didn't shape it into a heart, nor did I have the ability or capability to sew it into my dress but I did put it right where my heart is on the inside of my dress.